Sender:
From:
Mark Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:10:48 -0500
I am fairly new to shell collecting and have enjoyed listening in to the
list.

While my collection is quite small, but growing, I understand now is the
time to start cataloging.  Is there a standard way to catalogue?  Do I start
with number one and assign a number to each shell as I aquire them, or
should I use a alphanumeric system where a letter of the alphabet is
assigned to each family plus a number to identify each shell in that family?

Should the number be attached to the shell itself or to it's box?  Otherwise
the paper label could be separated from the shell and the information lost.

What does everyone else do?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Stanley