Sender:
From:
Kevin Czaja <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:29:39 -0500
Thanks everyone for the help.  I have tried malacolog before, but couldn't
seem to find a reference to caroliniana.  I will check out the reticulata
entry.  I'm sure part of my problem with my other efforts was having the
incorrect "Tuomey" attached.  I have used the MCZ many times in my
research, but up to now strictly by studying their mollusks, not their
books (oh, and they have been doing work in the area where they keep their
Turbonilles, so I haven't been able to see what they have).  Now that I
have some specifics, I will definitely track down the title.  I do agree
with Harry, this is one poorly described group.  And I should add that I do
have Dall, Verrill, Gould, Bartsch and even Bush's writings on this subject
(and they do not mention "caroliniana" anywhere).  I'm also trying to get a
better understanding of the following
species: "buteonis," "aequalis," "Sumneri," and "bushiana."  I'm trying to
find descriptions and particularly illustrations other than Bartsch (and
aequalis isn't even illustrated in Bartsch).  If anyone has clear color
photos of these species, I would be on cloud nine.
-Thanks again, Kevin
(from amazingly mild Beantown)