Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:56:37 -0300
8bit
From:
Yes, i am aware of that. Clench & Turner, 1964 had also placed
it in the synonmy of A. ancilla some years before with the same
"Locality in error" note, and did not discuss it either.

In the original description Rivers mentions that the shell is
one inch and 7/8th long with six whorls, the protoconch is
oblique, and there are two large patches of dark rusty red at a
wide interal... This description does not conform with A.
ancilla to me.
I have no access to Nautilus paper, but in Proc. paper, Rivers
does not figure the specimen, nor gave depository for this
specimen... Maybe there is an ilustration on Nautilus that could
bring light to this issue.

any data or oppinion will be of great help!

Fabio Wiggers

http://br.yahoo.com/homepageset.html