Sender:
From:
"J.A. Dekker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 08:43:43 +0200
>     Hi all
>
>     I will be attending a scientific meeting in Brest, France in
>     September.  Are there any easy beach or bay collecting sites nearby
>     that I can pass the time?  I will be spending one day on Quessant
>     Island so that is also a possibility.
>
>     I will also be spending a few days afterwards in Paris.  The Paris
>     Basin is famous for it's Eocene fossil deposits.  Is there anyone
>     online who knows where some of these sites are located?
>
>     Thanks in advance for any info.
>
>     Michael Reagin

Dear Michael,

I have just returned from the region above Brest. Perhaps it is not the
best place to find a lot of shells, nevertheless there are certainly
beaches to try your luck. One of them is the beach near Landunvez Kersaint.
If you come from Brest, take the road to Ploudalmezeau and after that to
Portsall. Before Portsall follow the road (round-about) to Landunvez
Kersaint. If the road goes up, hold on right and about 2 km after the
round-about on your right you will find the beach.You can easily park your
car there. Make sure you will be there with low tide! In the floodmark you
will find a lot of shells on the left side and the right side of the rocks,
dont forget to examine the small stuff, there a nice things between them.

Good hunt!

Johan Dekker.