Sender:
From:
Shireen Gonzaga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:19:45 -0400
Hi ... I recently collected some fragile shell fossil specimens
from the Calvert Cliffs area in Maryland. Most of them are
chalky white, and some people have advised me to paint it with
a glue solution (1 part Elmers to 4 parts water).

However, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a transparent
hardener? Some of the fossils have a little color, presumably
minerals absorbed from ground water. I'd like to preserve those
colors.

Thanks!
        Shireen

Shireen Gonzaga, Freelance Science Writer, Baltimore, MD.
Telephone: 410-338-4412   E-mail: [log in to unmask]