Sender:
From:
Paul Drez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 00:10:06 -0600
Hi Everyone:

Back in January I offered to send to anyone a copy of the Burch & Burch
"Catalogue of Recent and Fossil Olives".  I managed to mail most of the
copies requested, received some nice Olivellas from some people in return
and struck up a couple of Olividae swaps with two individuals that supplied
many Olivella species that I was looking for at that time.

During the first week of March I found out that my cancer (low-grade
Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) had come back for the 5th time in 5 years and
earlier than we expected.  It totally devastated me.  I have been on
chemotherapy for the last 5 months, but I am in remission again.  I had
belonged to 5 lists similar to CONCH_L and simply could not cope with the
amount of email and dropped all lists at that time.

Now the "Olividae Nut" is back on the list, and this is the only one that I
have resubscribed to.  I am not looking for sympathetic replies from
anyone, but the reason I am doing this is to re-establish some contacts
that I lost and this is the easiest way to reach a lot of people quickly,
plus I feel that I owe some type of explanation for my sudden
disappearance.  PLEASE DO NOT HIT THE REPLY BUTTON, I know all of your care
but I do not want messages cluttering up the list.  What I am looking for
are the people who requested the Burch & Burch list, but never received
one.  I lost my list of who I sent copies to at that time.  Please email me
privately so that I can get a copy to you.  There are a few people who I
owe identifications to shells or shells, you know who you are, and I will
be contacting you soon, now that I getting some of my strength back slowly
but surely.

Once again, this is meant to simply re-establish some contacts and offer an
explanation to everyone why I suddenly dropped "out of sight".

Paul Drez

P.S.  I must confess that some days when I was feeling better that I did go
to the CONCH_L archives and take a look at the postings just in case there
was something important that I was missing.