Sender:
From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:52:07 -0400
Listers,

I have been away from my computer for a while, and I've failed to
save any of the 19 messages on this thread, which began with a
Triplofusus giganteus and shifted promptly to Cassis madagascariensis.

There is an excellent illustration (p. 3) of a specimen of the latter
recently collected off NC by Mark Nathanson in the Jacksonville (FL)
club newsletter. He reported it on sand near reef structures and
implied it was "very common."

Nathanson, M., 2006. North Carolina shelling. Shell-O-Gram 47(3):
3-5. May-June.

Harry
Harry G. Lee, M. D.
4132 Ortega Forest Dr.