Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 00:21:45 +0100
7bit
From:
Carlos Duraes de Carvalho <[log in to unmask]>
Jordan
I use Access too. I just red Wesley message and think is helpfull. Last
week I had to add the fields "Super Family" and "Sub-Family", because of
the Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005 alterations in sistematica. I sugest you
create these fields. They are usefull. For instance Cassidae was banned,
but there is the subfamily "Cassinae" ... and so on. I create a field
for "Number of specimens" so that I can make a report with the
"Criterius" ">3" or ">2" and get a list of my exchange material. I just
copy the report and paste on my site www.shellscarvalho.com . I suggest
you create a field with an ID Number with automatic numbering. In
Species name I put "indexed- Yes(duplication non authorized" so that It
does not authorize to repeat the same species. When I heve the same
species from a different locality I have to add "(var)" or "var2"...   I
think that on the beginning everything is difficult but things are going
to make sense with the practice. Later I can give you the "criterius" to
queries to choose a family or a country . There are lots of things we
learn with the time. Please ask for help when you need something. May be
somebody will help and everybody learns.
Best regards
Carlos Carvalho

> Greetings
> I decided to use Microsoft Access to catalog my shell collection.  I
guess
> it can sort and print by number, Genus, etc,  Has anyone used Access?
Any