Sender:
From:
Harry Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:23:48 -0400
Dear List,
    I have been looking for a long time to find a special book about working with seashells, tides, and the technical aspect of our hobby...  There is a particular book I saw once and wish to obtain.  I do not know the title or author but can describe one of the chapters, which is the main reason I wish to get a copy of the book.
   First of all the book is not large, The main theme of the book was about the sea shore. All the chapters were prefaced with a line sketch of the subject matter below the chapter title. The drawing of the chapter in question showed a large untethered mooring buoy lying on its side on an exposed beach. The chapter dealt with the authors efforts to trace the long journey this buoy had made to get to its present place. He used evidence taken from all the marine deposits and "tide lines" present on the surface of the buoy etc. It was a fascinating study in forensics and I wish I had been able to retain more in my memory. Any ideas ??
              Thank-you so much!
                      Sincerely,
                          Harry Evans

Stop the Forest Service from killing more wolves, bears, cougars, and other animals in the wild:
http://go.care2.com/99055

http://www.Care2.com  Free e-mail. 100MB storage.  Helps nonprofits.