Sender:
From:
Charles Wilder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:45:38 -0400
Dear Fellow CONCH-Lers,

I have found a small, attractive Buccinum in the fishing nets at three
harbors in northern Kangweon Province on the east coast of South Korea.
Mature, with fully flared lip, they range from 40mm to 50mm.  Most but not
all of them have radial rings or bands of dark brown, ranging from thin
dashes to broad bands, with white brushmarks across and nearly
perpendicular to those bands.  A picture, albeit poor, of one is at Ross
Mayhew's site:  http://www.schnr-specimen-shells.com/KoreanBuccinid.JPG
Please try to help me identify this little Buccinum.  The closest I have
seen may be B. suzumai.

I also have other pictures that may be more helpful.  If anyone is
interested, please email me privately, at [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Chuck