Sender:
From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:32:48 -0500
I know the shell well, but I've never been totally confident of
the correct ID for it.  Another name given by some authors to
what is apparently the same shell is Clavus pusilla.  Cernohorsky
calls it Iredalea pygmaea.  I have a bunch of them that intergrade
from fat to skinny, and have varying amounts of white on the
ribs as well as quite a bit of variation in the number of ribs.  I'm
pretty sure they are all the same species, even if I don't know the
correct name for sure.

Cheers,

Don