Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:39:40 -0400
From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Greetings to all!

We're enjoying (finally) some nice, mild weather here in North
Florida, with lows in the 50s and highs around 80, but we desperately
need rain (according to my rain gauge, we're 20 inches below normal).

On to the shell topic: Anyone who has ever tried to find -- or even
buy -- a Busycon carica, knows it's almost impossible, despite the
fact that the shell is supposedly "common." First off, I'd be
interested to hear if anyone else has ever come across any good-sized
specimens. Next, I do have some really nice, large specimens that are
as close to gem as these shells ever get. Some have orange apertures
and others are a deep red-orange. I also have some exceptional B.
carica ssp eliceans.

Please contact me offline if you're interested in either of these.

Best regards,
Jim