Sender:
From:
Leslie Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:21:45 GMT
Comments:
Hey Dan
Thanks for this page!

In the last 6 years I have finally begun collecting Unionids.  The only near to
Houston collecting I have done is Mustang Bayou in Alvin, near College Station
on the Little Brazos, and Lake Summerville ... and I have yet to ID the
materials.  In recent years I have also acquired old collections materials from
around Houston with no or questionable IDs.

Given the lack of ID, the Unionid exhibit I am currently displaying in the
Brazoria County Fair (in Angleton, Texas) has little or no Houston area
material. (the fair ends 10/21).

Would have been nice to have my act together better for local materials.  I
really need to get working on that while what is left of the faded or bug eaten
labels are still somewhat legible.

Dan, FYI, our Shell Club Meeting is 7/7:30 tonight in the Houston Museum of
Natural Science, downstairs conference room, ... Come on out if you can!

Thanks,
Leslie Allen Crnkovic
`·...¸.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸.><((((º>
Houston, Texas

----------------------------
Dan Johnson wrote:

Don't know how many people in this group are interested in freshwater mussels.
Anyhow, I've been working on a web page to photographically document all the
species of bivalves that occur in the vicinity of Houston, TX, which is where I
live.  Here is my web page:
http://www.io.com/~danjohns/bivalves/houston_bivalves.html .

At this point I've documented about 40% of the mussels that could occur in this
area.  If any of you are really good at mussels in this area and don't mind
taking a look, I would be happy to hear that something is misidentified.
Thanks.
--Dan