Sender:
From:
Simon Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:23:00 +1000
Geoff,

Simon here!
That'll be $10 for petrol money mate!  <--- private joke!

I was one of the two other collectors down at Port Welshpool.
It was somewhat surprising to see Geoff waiting on shore when we ambled back in about 11:30pm on a week night! Long 2hr+ trip home.

I must say you were remarkably calm considering what had happened!
Alot of people might not know but wombats are like little tanks!
Quite a solid large animal.

Geoff being the kind of guy he is even offered petrol money for the lift home!

Interesting spot (great marine life) but the collecting was not brilliant.
We saw a couple of Sassia bassi, a few Sassia subdistorta, a lot of Amoria undulata (99% flawed), Michael found a new record the small white mitres, a few fresh dead Bassinia disjecta, various other biavalves etc.
The car was covered in hundreds of dead insects when I got home!

I hope your luck is better next time.

Regards,
Simon

Stephanie,
Congratulations on your new position
That 3 years has flown
All well over here but very dry - might be agood season to find hydrobiids
Last week got one of my rare chances to get out and do some collecting
(marine) with a night collect to Port WElshpool. 200m from destination and
in the dark a rather large wombat took an instant dislike to myself and my
car and removed the entire cooling system and radiator. Luckily I was only
doing about 60kms at the time (had been significantly faster a few minutes
earlier) and on this occasion was meeting friends down there so I managed to
get a ride back to Melbourne. Another exciting shelling trip. All I have to
do now is work out how to get back there to pick the car up when its fixed.
Keep well
Geoff