Sender:
From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:57:55 -0500
Hey Dave,

It's probably depressa, although some arabica
specimens can be that small and have similar
patterns.  If it's arabica, the dorsum will still be
considerably taller than if it's depressa, and a
bit taller than if it's a dwarf maculifera.  Some
of the western Pacific maculifera shells have
only a trace of a dark smear on the base where
the black blotch should be, and the overall color
isn't nearly as dark as the ones from Hawaii.

Cheers,

Don