Sender:
From:
Douglas Nolen Shelton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 00:25:43 EDT

<<
 Just a brief opinion that The Nature Conservancy is not particularly
 radical, but by far the best worldwide and U.S. conservation organization.
 Don't confuse it with Sierra Club or other similar-sounding organizations.
 They deserve our support.

 John Wolff
 2640 Breezewood Dr.
 Lancaster, PA 17601, U.S.A
 717- 569-6955 (voice)
 jwolff@lanc >>

I agree whole-heartedly.  I have had a few occasions to do contract work for
The Nature Conservancy and a couple of their state chapters.  I have always
found them to be more interested in science than radical environmentalism.  It
is true that they are interested in protecting the environment, but they
always do their homework first.  You can bank on that.  I would encourage all
CONCH-Lers to support them.

Doug Shelton
Alabama Malacological Research Center
2370-G Hillcrest Road #236