Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:58:40 -0500
From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
Dear Mr Lee,

Many thanks for your kind offer! I will consult with some colleagues
and get back to you as soon as I can.

Best wishes,

PC.

Paul Callomon
Collections Manager
Malacology, Invertebrate Paleontology and General Invertebrates
Department of Malacology
Academy of Natural Sciences
1900 Parkway, Philadelphia PA 19103-1195, USA
Tel 215-405-5096
Fax 215-299-1170
Secretary, American Malacological Society
On the web at www.malacological.org

>>> Michael Lee <[log in to unmask]> 1/19/2007 12:07 pm >>>
Dear Mr. Callomon,

  My name is Michael Lee.  I am a long time shell enthusiast.  Our
whole family went the last Philadelphia Shell Show.  We all really
enjoyed it.

  The reason I am writing to you is about the domain name I own --
Shells.org.  It is a great domain name. It is short and very easy to
remember and spell.  Most importantly, “Shells” is THE WORD of the
shell industry.  I acquired the name in early 2006.  My initial plan was
to develop it into a website about shells with my son.  However, due to
various reasons, we will not be able to carry out that plan.  Since we
could not make the name reaching its full potential, I would like to
have someone or an organization that can really benefit from this name
to have it.   Although, we have spent a great deal of money to acquire
the name and would like to recover our cost, we are willing to have the
new organization, if necessary, to use the name for free.  Mr. Callomon,
if you know any organizations anywhere in the world that may have an
interest in Shells.org, would you please pass on the information to
them.  I would really appreciate your help.  In the meantime, if you
have
 any questions regarding Shells.org, you may contact me through email
at [log in to unmask] or call me at 610 269 6332.  We live in
Downingtown, which is about 40 miles west of Philadelphia.  I am looking
forward to hearing from you.

  Sincerely,
  Michael Lee

Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Dear Conchlers,

The Philadelphia Shell Club announces the dates of two major events for
2007. First is the annual Auction, which will take place on Thursday,
May 17, 2007 at the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia. Viewing
starts from 6:00 pm, with the first lot on the block at 7:00. The Philly
Auction is an institution among east coast collectors, and represents a
great opportunity to acquire specimen shells, books and shell-related
paraphernalia. Highlights of recent auctions include a bright (very
bright!) yellow Lion's Paw that reached $650 in spirited bidding, and a
kitsch 1940s shell-work jewel box that was spotted by a knowledgeable
collector and snapped up for close to $300. The majority of lots sell at
considerably more affordable prices, however, and there is a concurrent
silent auction too. Wine and light food are provided by the club, and
admission is free. Proceeds from the auction go towards staging the
club's annual Shell Show (see below) and to support the
 Department!
of Malacology at the Academy of Natural Sciences.
October 6th and 7th (the Columbus Day weekend) is the date for the
annual Philadelphia Shell Show. All the usual attractions are planned -
extensive exhibits, the largest international shell bourse outside
Florida, a keynote speaker and of course the banquet and awards ceremony
with the now-famous Shell-themed Dessert Contest! Special deals will be
arranged with local hotels, and regular updates will be posted on the
club's web site at www.phillyshellclub.org

Mark your calendars, and we look forward to seeing you in Philly!

Paul Callomon
President, Philadelphia Shell Club

[log in to unmask] - a forum for informal discussions on
molluscs