Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:36:59 -0500
7bit
From:
Benjamin Carter <[log in to unmask]>
On a side note to the muriatic acid discussion. A couple of you have
noted the encrustations on Spondylus calcifer. I am looking for a couple
of pictures. One would be an S. calcifer with it's hordes of
encrustations. I would also like pictures showing both S. calcifer and
S. princeps in their native habitat. The latter is one for you divers.
These would be for my dissertation on shell artifact production 1000
years ago on the coast of Ecuador. They would be in the dissertation
with any appropriate credits (in the acknowledgements and in the caption
below the photo).

Ben Carter
ABD in Anthropology
Washington University in St. Louis