Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:01:28 -0700
7bit
From:
Bert Bartleson <[log in to unmask]>
To continue this string: Last time I heard, Victoria, British Columbia,
Canada was dumping their RAW SEWAGE into the Strait of Juan de Fuca. In
addition for a long time Honolulu, Hawaii dumped minimally treated or raw
sewage into the Pacific Ocean off Pearl Harbor [you can sometimes see the
plume of wastewater as the plane comes in for a landing].  The red flags on
the beach were to warn the locals that the normal trade winds that blew the
sewage out to sea weren't working well and that the beaches were polluted.
Of course the tourists were never told of this. So it's a bigger problem
than just S. Florida.  I hope that someone from B.C., Canada and Hawaii can
give an update on any progress made in these situations.  Bert Bartleson,
Olympia, WA, USA