Sender:
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 17:26:37 +0300
Dear Lobos ans other ConchLers,

The obdervation by Lubos is well-known. At least in the well-known Field
guide to the land snails of Britain and North-west Europe by Kerney and
Cameron (1969) the follwing is written in at least it's Dutch version (by
Gittenberger, 1980): "In several species the eggs develop already into tiny
snails within the body of the adult snail, which results in the birth of
living young (for example in Balea perversa)." With other words these snails
are indeed ovoviparous as Harry Lee already mentioned.
Best regards,

Henk K. Mienis