Sender:
From:
Bob Lipe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:47:19 -0400
Dear group.  My feelings in a nutshell.  Holotypes sould never be sold or
bought.  There should be a new Shell Law with teeth that says the Holotype
should be put in a Museum etc. and a Paratype should go to another Museum in
case the Holotype is lost.  How can we look up a Holotype when it's in your
home.  Other Paratypes can be given away to people that are interested, and
I guess they can be sold.  If we don't straighten out our act we are lost.
I've only named one shell and guess where the types are?  In two different
Museums, and the other Paratype is in my collection.

Bob Lipe

Visit us at our website
http://www.theshellstore.com
or visit us at