Sender:
From:
Geoff Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:33:48 +1000
Phil.
The specimens I have labelled are very similar. P.alexandri is a little
larger and broader (approachng 50%)whereas P.souvillei is narrower  and a
little smaller. Also these P.souvillei mostly have a lighter coloured
periostracum than alexandri. Cant find the reference I used to ID these but
will look around.
Geoff

>From: Phil Liff-Grieff <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: New Caledonia Placostylus
>Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 19:34:15 -0700
>
>I've recently acquired a specimen of Placostylus from New Caledonia that
>looks to me to be either Placostylus fibratus or P. souvillei based on
>pictures I have found in my library.  Can someone share the characteristics
>that differentiate between the two?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Phil
>

>Phil Liff-Grieff
>2447 Kemper Avenue
>La Crescenta, CA  91214
>(818) 541-1232

Advertisement: Your Future Starts Here. Dream it? Then be it! Find it at
www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=june07_endtext_future&_m=EXT