Sender:
From:
frhinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:11:44 -0500
We in Minnesota have a bigger problem. The leaks from the
hog barns spills and everything in the water for miles
downstream is killed. They fine the perpetrators but the
profits are so high that they don't care. Don't yoiu love
it.
frhinkle in MN

----------
> From: Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: S.F. Bay
> Date: Wednesday, September 16, 1998 7:35 AM
>
> Emilio,
> It's the huge amount of extra nitrates released from the
huge amount of cow
> patties generated in dairy farms.  The nitrates leach out
and seep into the
> aquifer as well as poison rivers and streams via runoff.
It's a odiferous
> (politically and literally) problem here in north
Florida, particularly
> along the Suwannee and Santa Fe Rivers.
>
> The poop expert, Kurt
>

> At 01:51 PM 9/15/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >MR ART WEIL wrote:
> >> cut...
> > How about Cows? I understand
> >> their droppings have an evil effect on Florida.
> >> cut...
> >
> >Hello!
> >
> >Hi AW,
> >
> >Exceptional. I do have a question about the droppings,
what is the
> >deleterious effect on Florida? I thought it was the
cow's flattulence
> >problems (hope I spelled it right or the "gas" experts
will bash me!)