Sender:
From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 22:38:54 +1200
>Andrew, Nautilus scrobiculatus Lightfoot, 1786 to the best of my
>knowledge, are usually from Ambon Island. Out of 1000 Nautilus
>pompillus Linneus, 1758 found, there should be about 6 - 8
>scrobiculatus's..I heard they are found on Lombok Island, also, but
>mine were all from Ambon Island , North Maluku's.

Thanks. It is not too rare in the Solomons. I expect that its
distribution will eventually be found to be wider than the
currently-known limits.

I am far from sure that the ribbed Borneo specimens are a local morph
or a good species. Nobody has followed it up! Need some
live-collected specimens with animal preserved... heck, and some good
images of living specimens underwater!
--
Regards
Andrew