Sender:
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 14:03:02 -500
From:
"Howard L. Clark or Kate Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Fellow Subscribers,

I have been receiving the messages of  this list for about a month.
One of the first messages that I read was a request that mail for a
particular individual be sent directly to that indvidual's own e-mail
address rather than to the group at large.  This was followed by
several messages explaining how to do so.  This suggestion seems to
have had little effect and so I receive some 20-25 messages per day
that are, in fact, intended for someone else or perhaps for a small
group of subscribers (e.g., those interested in manure, artichokes
or football).  It is easy enough to address a message to one
particular person or to send carbon copies  to several people and it
does not seem to me to be too much to ask that this be done when
appropriate.

Some of us have to pay quite heavily for net access, especially those
outside of the USA ($6.00/hour here in Ecuador) so the time spent
downloading irrelevant messages is a consideration.  I downloaded the
Conch-L list of subscribers last night and found that there are 384
of us; surely I am not the only one who feels inundated by unwanted
messages.  Or am I?

Kate Clark
Howard L. Clark or Kate Clark /
tel. & fax (593-2) 520837 /