Sender:
From:
frhinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 09:35:34 -0500
Thank you Lynn.
Fred in MN

----------
> From: Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Delicious dishes !!!
> Date: Monday, September 21, 1998 8:35 AM
>
> Hi Kurt,
>
> I am SOOOOOOOO sorry that you are upset.  Just lay back.
You have had a bad
> time over something.  Please don't unsubscribe. You are
so valued a
> contributor.  This will go away. I only wrote my note
because I was getting
> double what you were getting, just in complaints.  AND
because once the
> sports things starts, it never stops.  And like I said,
do the math. It's
> football season.  But this is a community of 375 as of
this morning and you
> are gonna have jerks along with good guys in any small
town.  I have a
> number of names whose postings I don't read, just delete
on sight.
> Including Mr. Nisters.
>
> I agree with you 100 % about the complainers. The people
who think the list
> should conform to their own personal idea of a list are
always there. But
> they are usually not there long. This list was my baby
from the start, and
> I always figured that if I didn't tell everyone what it
was for, besides
> shell lovers and shells, then nobody else should.  But
UGA says we have to
> stay on topic.  So the damn rule is there, to protect us,
to be sure, and
> cut down on the traffic they carry, but it makes rule
freaks wild to know A
> RULE IS BEING BROKEN!  Oh NO!!!!!!!!!  IT MUST BE
STOPPED!  It has always
> been my feeling that lists are not for everyone, and
those who don'tlike it
> or can't afford it don'tbelong on there.
>
> PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE don't sign off. But if you have to
unsubscribe, just to
> feel better for a while, and if you PROMISE to come back
on, then do it
> quietly, and send a message to [log in to unmask]
saying <signoff
> conch-l>
>
> But you gotta promise.  Or I will make those 94 messages
look piddly.

> Love ya, and a hug,
>
> Lynn
>
> >Lynn,
> >How do I desubscribe to this thing?  I've had it coming
to work with 94
> >messages on Monday, about 1/4 complaining about
off-topic postings when
> >many of those same people do the same thing.  I
understand that many people
> >pay for the time this service uses, but the cost-benefit
is high.  If it's
> >not high enough, then they should get off the list.
I've answered a lot of
> >queries over the past year or so and had a lot of my
nagging questions
> >answered as well.  To all the malcontents, I just wish I
could figure out
> >how to do a Bronx Cheer on this computer.
> >
> >To anyone who wants to communicate, as humans are apt to
and should do,
> >about shells, recipes, football, or just plain ol' life
itself, contact me
> >at [log in to unmask]
> >
> >Lynn, please inform the powers that be (not the Emilios
1 and 2) to
> >desubscribe me immediately.
> >
> >XXXXXXX,
> >
> >Kurt
> >
> >At 05:36 PM 9/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >>Jan,
> >>
> >>Bay Scallops a la St. Joe Bay
> >>
> >>First you have to catch the scallops. We did this at
St. Joe Bay many years
> >>ago.  We could snorkel in the shallows and scare them
out of the grass.
> >>You sort of make your shadow stretch over the grass as
you swim and the
> >>scallops think you are one huge starfish and they swim
up out of the grass
> >>to escape. Dirty trick.  I don't  think you can do this
without a license
> >>any more, and it is probably illegal in some other
several dozen ways these
> >>days,  and the scallops are not  so plentiful. (No, we
didn't eat them all!
> >> The next night we had a blue crab feast, and smoked
mullet salad  the
> >>next. But those are other phyla)
> >>
> >>You can only do this over a beach campfire or maybe a
Coleman stove...won't
> >>work in a house.
> >>
> >>Next you then have to clean the scallops. That is fun
or impossbile,
> >>depending on how many bottles of wine you have on hand.
You take this geat
> >>big scallop and extract this itty bitty morsel of meat
from it. You do this
> >>a lot, til you run out of scallops and your fingers are
getting bloody.

> >>Then you heat a big iron skillet and pour in some olive
oil, and
> >>some crushed garlic  and get the garlic sizzling over
said beach fire.
> >>Dump in the scallops and  toss them around for a few
minutes over the fire.
> >> Then throw some finely chopped parsley over all and
put it on picnic
> >>plates.  Deglaze the pan (that's haut cuisinese for
rinsing out the crisp
> >>bits) with some of the wine you haven't drunk and pour
it over the
> >>scallops.  Eat it with a lot of crusty French or
Italian bread or that San
> >>Francisco Sourdough the sadists have been dragging in
front of us, all
> >>buttery and garlicked, and mop up the juices with the
bread.  Mmmm.

> >>Then sort through the shells for ones you want to keep
for your collection.
> >>Argopecten irradians concentricus is what we got but
this might work with
> >>your scallops too if you can find them.  I repeat my
warning...this will
> >>NOT taste as good done indoors, and it will not be as
good with bought
> >>scallops.  No way!
> >>
> >>Lynn Scheu
> >>Louisville, KY, Site of the 1999 COA Convention
> >>"You'll luv Loo' a vul"

discussions about how
poop-stories, to ressurect as
the only world where