Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 16:00:06 -0700
8bit
From:
GARY FREDRICKSON <[log in to unmask]>
Thanks Carlo. I just bit the bullet and bought the Olive book but it hasn't arrived yet. Maybe then all will be crystal clear but I doubt it.lol
I only have the Olividae book which either recognizes or ignores alot of stuff in the Tursch book. It however fails to give any discussion on why or what the differences are. Don't get me wrong, I love the spate of monographs with the high quality color pictures but for the most part they are just that, names and pictures. A picture may be worth a thousand words but most often a thousand isn't enough. I haven't done much with my olives in the last twenty years besides dust them so it should be interesting trying to sort them out. Again thanks.
Gary