Sender:
From:
Stewart Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:17:43 -0400
Got a question.  A downloading charge of $6.00 an hour seems like a lot, but
I downloaded 15 messages today in 30 seconds and 30+ yesterday in less than
a minute.  That translates into 5 or 10 cents a shot, which isn't all that
much.  I imagine if you downloaded 2 or 3 times a week the cost-per-message
would be even less.  Granted, this costs a lot more than downloading for
free, but it doesn't seem that expensive either.  Am I missing something?

Another comment.  The greatest offenders (in cluttering up our email) are
those who send personal messages, meant for one person, to our entire list.
I'll bet they outnumber the off-subject messages by 5 or 10 to one.  Even
so, it's easy enough to scan  subject titles and scrap the ones you don't
want to read.  I doubt if any of us read ALL the messages.  Some folks just
aren't interested in Caribbean shelling sites or Spondylidae--even if they
are shell-related..

sj