Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:31:09 -0500
7bit
From:
"Martin H. Eastburn" <[log in to unmask]>
I've had bubbles for years now and decided rather than getting
the ever more expensive replacements that would be 1/2 the cost
of the new price of a laser printer simply go ahead.

The cost per page on the purchase is lower than my professional bubble.
(Price reduction
of the 3600 pushed that.)

Yes, buying the ink and selenium drum upon which the laser scribes is
expensive but it
still cuts the cost of copy down from bubble.  I buy need less often.
I think my cost will be reduced - early to tell for sure - but it will
be at least equal in worst
cases.  I never got 1000 pages from bubble set so the numbers seem to work.
There is a large markup on these and one can find a vendor taking less
or dumping inventory
which aids in dropping cost again.

Actually the cost of 4 ink units is 2x more than this printer.  But now
you get a new printing surface(s)
so the old ones that get scratched are recycled or discarded.  Quality
is high compared to
first generation machines.  And if I can't get a deal on new ones - the
temptation  would exist simply
to buy a new printer that comes with ink.

And in the case of the bubble, they give you the printer and sell you
the ink set in the first box.
Often cheaper than the ink set on the rack.

Printer business has profit in it based on volume and ink.  I have two
large lasers, a 4MV and 5sei
or something like that last one.   Great long lasting and heavy duty
units.  My 4MV is 500 letter, A4, 11x17.
The 5 is the same but without the A4. So my engineering stuff goes on
the larger papers, Library records
on the metric and odds and ends on standard letter size.

Martin

Marcus Coltro wrote:
> Martin
>
> Usually these printers get expensive since you must replace the printing cylinder (which costs half
> of the price of a new printer) - is this the case here?
>
> Marcus
>

> Heads up on a new printer.
>
> HP Color LaserJet 3600N   I got at SAMS.
> Lower cost to buy one than the ink for my old inkjet.
> It uses 4 laser in units and has a lcd screen with histograms
> showing what is left in the ink.    4000 color sheets 6000 black.
> I'll likely buy a replacement unit bi-monthly to spread it out
> and will have plenty of time in the storage room when I need them.
> Resolution is 600 x 600
> Google and see good prices on printer and ink.
> Martin

> click leave the list.

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/