Sender:
From:
Marlo Krisberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 19:39:12 -0700
A great question.  I'm looking forward to answers.  I find what I do to be
unsatisfactory.

I collect a lot of micros.  I don't try to clean them.  Most are so
fragile that too much handling risks excessive damage.  So, I simply
dessicate them using 70% ethanol (I find it does a little better job than
isopropyl alcohol and is not as hard to find or as expensive as 100%
alcohol).  However, too often the animal ends up plastered on the shell
just outside the mouth and obscures too much of the shell.  I'd love to
learn of a better method that actually removes the animal.

Marlo
Florida