Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:40:41 +1000
8bit
From:
Bob Abela <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Conchlers,

Actually, it was hard times that led me to life on Guam. When layed-off back
in 2002, I decided to make something positive out of it. Life in California
was fine but I was ready for a change. So I returned to Guam (was stationed
here for three years in the 80s) and, with some luck and help from friends,
landed a job.

As Ellen states, flexibility goes a long ways. After working as an
engineering technician, I settled on a job working for the TSA. Putting it
kindly, the job was not very rewarding, but I was grateful to have it. I did
eventually find the type of job I was looking for, back into the technical
realm. So while the job satisfaction has improved, it also means less time
for diving and shelling. Go figure...I remain grateful :)

Hang in there Jim, things will get better.

So, going full circle Mike....as for shelling on Guam, it remains legal.
However, many of the prime shelling grounds are now within preserves and off
limits. Should you make it out this way, please feel free to contact me. For
those wondering, shelling is no longer permitted in the CNMI (Commonwealth
Northern Mariana Islands which includes Rota, Saipan and Tinian).

Regards,
Bob Abela