Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:30:58 -0400
7bit
From:
mike gray <[log in to unmask]>
Greg Curry Sr wrote:

> I have a Cone question: Can CONUS floridanus be at a depth of 400 feet?or
> what florida cones would be at that depth off Key West
> Thanks
> Greg

I can't answer your question specifically, but:  The east coast of
Florida falls off fairly quickly, generally in a series of steps.
Hurricanes and prevailing currents can move a lot of bottom stuff
around, at depths that would amaze you. It's not surprising to find deep
water shells inside the main reef (which peaks at 50-55' fsw) or to find
shallow water shells on the deep wrecks (300-350 fsw).

I doubt that there are many, if any, species that can not be found all
the way from near beach to 100 fathoms.