Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 20:48:38 -0500
7bit
From:
"Martin H. Eastburn" <[log in to unmask]>
I used to live near both upper and lower parts of the park.
When in the Santa Cruz area living near by - we would go down to the
park and look at the seismographs - the park was split in 'two'
and the north western one is on the Pacific Plate while the southern
park is on the North American plate.  The mountains were separated by
400 miles more or less during many earthquakes. Hiking is best done
in the nice three quarters of the year - the summer can be hot there.

When living in the Redwoods (we had over 100 tall ones over 125')
the fabled Banana  Slug -  the mascot of UC Santa Cruz -
would glide by.  Monsters they were.

Martin

--
Martin H. Eastburn