Sender:
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:13:30 -0500
Hi Peggy,

Funny you should note that.  It seemed to me that most of my shells did have
some degree of yellow over the external umbonal area.  However, since
Abbott, Hartmann and Mikkelsen all noted the yellow on the interior and not
the exterior; I thought maybe I had a skewed sample.  Have others found this
character to be consistent?

Marlo

On 11/22 Peggy Williams wrote:
You didn't mention the characteristic yellow umbo. I find this the easiest
way to identify benedicti.

I have  a rather large specimen (nickel sized) from a seamount off Honduras
collected by my hand.

Peggy