Sender:
From:
Bram van der Bijl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:24:51 +0100
This possibly might be considered as an advertisement. However, I am
not author of that many publications, so I hope this little bit of
advertising is allowed.

On the occasion of its 75th anniversary (which was actually already
in 2009) the Nederlandse Malacologische Vereniging (NMV; Dutch
Malacological Society) will publish within a few weeks a bio- &
bibliography of M.M. Schepman, an important Dutch malacologist.

VAN DER BIJL & al., 2010. Mattheus Marinus Schepman (1847-1919) and
his contributions to malacology A malacological biography and
bibliography. 200pp., 300col.figs., hardcover, Dutch summ., 245 x 320
mm

This publication contains about everything you might want to know
about Schepman: life, collection, library, national and international
contacts, publications, introduced taxa, eponyms, etc. Schepman is
best known for his research on the shelled gastropods, which were
collected during the Siboga Expedition (1899-1900). All taxa are
illustrated, either by a picture or by a reproduction of the original
figure. All plates from the Siboga Monographs are reproduced in their
original size (hence the large size of the book).

National and international members of the Nederlandse Malacologische
Vereniging (NMV; Dutch Malacological Society) can order this book at
a very strong reduced price of Euro 20.00 (postage excluded; 1 copy
per member). They should contact J.A. Buijse, treasurer of the NMV:
buijse(at)zeelandnet.nl
All others can order this book from me at the regular price of Euro
45.00 (postage excluded): anvdbijl(at)xs4all.nl

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I also welcome
comments from those, who bought a copy. Might be useful for the 2nd
edition!  :-)

Yours sincerely,

Bram van der Bijl