Sender:
From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2011 21:35:06 -0500
Folks, I did this a few years ago and thought it was time to try again.

I have four packets of cancelled stamps. They are mostly from the United
States, however, there are also stamps from Canada, Bermuda, Israel,
Netherlands, and others places mixed in with the US stamps.

For some of the stamps, there may be 10 in each packet, for other stamps
maybe only one or two.

The packets are available to the first four people who reply with the
following conditions:

1) You must reply to me and not the list. My e-mail is [log in to unmask]
If you reply to the list you will be out of the running.

2) In return for the stamp you will have to "pay" with shells. The shells
must have at least basic data...that is a general locality where they were
found.

3) You decide how valuable the stamps are and what shells you would like
to send. If the stamps turn out to be valuable to you, great. If not, you
might want to send some common shell or shell of little monetary value.
You might decide that the stamps were worth only one shell or a dozen
shells. What is important is that you send something or else, you must
return the stamps.

Last time I did this, I believe I had three packets and no one who
received one wrote to me that it was a bad trade.

If you participate, I hope you have fun. Remember, respond to me not the
list. When the packets are gone, I will post a message to the list. If you
see this second message and have not heard from me directly, then you were
not one of the first four people to reply.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm

President
American Malacological Society 2010-2011

Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Assistant Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine