Sender:
From:
MR ART WEIL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 14:38:47 -0500
Dear Micheal;-
    Thankyou for your answer to my "DNA" question. I read it while
sitting in a tree picking lice off my significant other. The answer
was complete and quite informative. I appreciate you taking the time
to contribute to my education---and that of others. The gist of my
position on names, especially new ones, is that we should not file
new names until an aspect of science has confirmed that the newly
found critter is indeed a new find, not just a form of an old find.
We should probably make more use of "cf" than we do; and, until the
"bread-box" DNA tester comes out at $199.95 complete with batteries,
hold up on cluttering the malacological world with uncertifiable
names.
    Thanks,
          Art