Sender:
From:
"Vervaet, Fred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 19:33:56 +0100
Jan,

        Tridacna gigas is on the CIES list and that list is also followed
within the European Union. This means that legal import is not possible by
private individuals. Research institutes may obtain a permit. Taking the
weight into account (it is not a shell to smuggle through customs easy) it
is not easy to plan an illegal import.

Regards,

Fred Vervaet
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Deze informatie is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde.
Gebruik door anderen is verboden.
Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging en verstrekking van deze informatie
aan derden is niet toegestaan.
This information is intended solely for the use of the addressee.
Use by others is prohibited.
Disclosure, copying and distribution of this information
to third parties is not permitted.