Sender:
Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:18:53 +0100
8bit
From:
Chris Vos <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Oliver,
I use the DinoLite Pro USB Microscope, and found that it delivers pretty
good research photographs. Magnifications go up to x230 which will bring the
protoconch of an Alvania nice and big on your screen. The newest versions
have a better depth-sharpness apparently, but I can't complain about my wee
Dinolite for studying Turritellidae protoconchs.
Of course ... photography is all about positioning the sample and (playing
with) light, and when the tiny shells are plain white, some creativity is
indeed required to get it right. I'm sure there are better (and more
expensive) machines out there somewhere but with the available budget I'm
happy with it.
If you want I can send some examples.
Chris