Sender:
From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 08:45:32 PST
First of all best greetings also from Europe to all newcomers, as Anette, to
conch-l.
Second. Many many years ago (f0r the moment I don't know the precise date,
I have to look for the year), Pecten magellanicus (here I have to look for the
right Genus, but let me name the Genus only Pecten) has been found near
Mazzaro del Vallo (a famous fishing harbour near Trapani (Sicily). It's the
same. Maybe fishermen have thrown them into the Mediterranean. So
one specimen is in my collection, the others in the collection of Pietro
Parenzan.
Maybe some other specimens or single valves in other collections.

with best shelling greetings
Helmut Nisters
e-mail: [log in to unmask]