Sender:
From:
"Howard S. Roux" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:40:04 -0500
Beth DeHaas wrote:
>Have you ever thought of inviting
>your local representative to the next meeting of your shell club?

Beth and other Conch-lers,
The Naples Shell Club tried that inviting both our local representative and
the Director of the Conservancy of Southwest Florida to a meeting along with
Carole Marshall. Invitations were mailed six weeks in advance. Our local
representative replied three weeks AFTER the meeting date that he had prior
commitments. The Conservancy has yet to reply - almost two years - not that
I expect one now. However, they are the proponents of a total live shell
collecting ban in Collier County, Florida. So, in short, we tried, and it
didn't work. The director even agreed earlier to talk to me about live
collecting and never followed through despite several calls and messages.
Howard
Naples, Fl.