Sender:
From:
Livett Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 23:36:51 +1100
Warmest greetings to all CONCH-L members. And I mean warm !  Temperature
reached 37C down here in Melbourne today (that's above century temperatures
to those of you still in Fahrenheit). Patty may have had it warm in Sydney
but 600 miles further south, it was a real scorcher. This year gave the lady
of the house a respite from slaving over a hot oven and went out to a local
restaurant with the family. Wise choice. My daughter, Erica, gave me a
"spider" kit complete with tub of vanilla ice cream, old-fashioned spider
glass, long spoon and bottle of Scheppes lemonade. That's what I am having
for tonight's meal. In spite of the heat, still managed to put away the
turkey lunch and traditional plum pudding. Mmm the memory of all this will
serve well for a few hours yet. Then it will be time to head to the local
beach and complete the day with a walk by the shore - who knows, I might
find a shell or two.  Sound idyllic - folks it is. Cant think of a nicer
place to spend Christmas Day. Hope yours is just as good. All best wishes
for the festive season. See you on CONCH-L in 1999.

Best wishes,

Bruce Livett