Sender:
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 06:48:25 -0500
7bit
From:
makuabob <[log in to unmask]>
A little north and west of Art's realm, we have some inappropriately
named streams here in central Indiana (where, by the way, we are not
allowed to even TOUCH the shells!).

One is called "Nameless Creek" (which it obviously isn't) and another
which could be pronounced 'sick smile creek' but is spelled "Six Mile
Creek." (I was raised in Texas; the last word in those names is
pronounced "crick.")

Then there is the "river" that runs through my town. It must have
been named by marketing people. It's the "Big Blue River." Lies -- all
lies! It's not a river, more like a rivulet; it's certainly not blue,
mostly brown; and most folks could easily toss a peach pit across it ---
underhand!

On another front, the Archive postings are up to about mid-1986. My new
job hasn't left me a lot of time for scanning in stuff but it's still
happening. The majority of the images have been reworked into .jpg
format (from .gif) to allow the Archives to be retained in the main
site (fewer 'pop-up' commercials).

Aloha,

makuabob (a.k.a. Bob Dayle

Archive site is at  http://www.geocities.com/~makuabob/