Sender:
From:
Peter Froehlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 19:47:53 -0500
Paul will probably give a more detailed reply than this but remember when
you are boiling shells to put them in cold water and then bring the water to
a boil.  Don't drop them into boiling water.  When I did this to some big
moon snails I collected it resulted in cracks along the lip edge which then
broke when I tried to remove the animal.  And it's hard to find nice big
moon snails here in Maine. :-((

Beth