Sender:
From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 09:52:41 -0700
Mark,

Yes, we are stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place with shell
books.  If they have sufficient pictures they are so pricey no ones wants to
publish them and the market is a bit small.  If they go into depth, like the
Ponder book on xenophora, then some knock it for being too technical.  For me
the best would be the technical with great pictures.  Hopefully computers will
make the great pictures part a lot cheaper.

Oh, and to Mel S., yes, I know there are books out there on Muricidae and
Terebridae.  In fact I have the "Living Terebras of the World."  It is an
excellent book with a complete section on the family (anatomy, history,
structure, taxonmy, etc.) and a lot of excellent (although mostly black and
white) photos.  I do not have a book specializing on murex and would welcome
any suggestions.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA