Sender:
From:
shelloak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 22:14:23 -0600
Gollllly I forgot how many people I took shelling in the bay, Bobbie does
Jim remember the night we went shelling with about 6 other people
includeing Dr. Jerry H.  He was after Bucycon aspinosum to do some kind of
study on them,  Jim and I stayed at the boat and found what the others were
looking for only they walked about a mile on the sand bar away from the
boat.  Jim got cold so we got in the boat and with the lantern I had and
covered up with a tarp, we were nice and warm,  the others were a long way
away and the tide was comming in and they could not see the boat or us as
our light was covered up and they had lost the gas tank from their lantern
and they were in trouble but we ( Jim and I did not know it).  By the time
they got back they were cold and walking in 3-4 feet of water.  Busycon
aspinosum is in groups of shells, 1 large one which is the female and many
small ones that are males, from 3 to 10 or more will be males.  Told you I
could go on forever.  John