Sender:
From:
"Samuel S. Tuttle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:45:19 -0500
Given all the interest in the future of shell collecting, and the
governments' need to write laws, perhaps it would be wise for all of us to
begin composing sustainable arguments to present to our legislators.  We
would need actual statistics, where available, and would need to present the
positive benefits of collecting.  For example, every time I share my
collection with young people, they have a new appreciation for nature and
the environment.  The findings of amateur collectors is stated as a valuable
resource for the scientists.  Since I am new to collecting, I encourage the
"pros" to set some of these arguments forth for the rest of us to copy.

Be proactive - you may not have to complains as much later.

Sam Tuttle, Delaware