Sender:
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:17:16 -0600
HI, Glenn again fine and gem are turms dealers use for grades of shells with
gem being the best grade . Scalariform is like a ladder or steps so Webster
says. the swirls on the outside are on 90 degree angles so when the shell is
stood on end you have a flat serfice to climb instead of a rounded edge just
like this L . If the shell were large you could walk right up it or drive a
car up it with no rounded shoulder.I hope this answers it for you.      I have
a scanner but no picture to put in it. If you want to send me your snail mail
address I would be glad to make a drawing for you.                     Best
Regards GLENN TOLMAN.