Sender:
From:
Bronwen Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:00:22 +1000
On Monday, February 1, 1999 at 8:38:16 am VUT,
"James M Cheshire" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>When you say green tree snail, do you mean
>Papuina pulcherrima? I do believe that I have one
>or two of these in a box somewhere. They have been in
>my possession for several years, and i am uncertain of their
>origin.

Papustyla (Papuina) pulcherrima, the Green tree, Emerald green or Manus
Island tree snail, is endemic to Manus Island off northern Papua New Guinea.
 It's listed under schedule II of the CITES regulations which means that it's
not considered to be threatened with extinction at the moment but could
become threatened.

Bronwen