Sender:
From:
Bronwen Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:12:08 +1000
On Monday, September 2, 1996 at 12:03:28 pm VUT,
"Ross Mayhew" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I think another nail the most seahorse spp's little coffins is their
>relatively slow reproductive rate.

I know this isn't actually the seahorse-L talk group, but that's not going to
stop me adding to this thread.  The Aquaculture Department of the University
of Tasmania (Australia) has an active program to breed seahorses in
captivity.  I don't know much (well, anything) about it, but I suspect their
rationale is to supply consumers rather than to restock wild populations.  I
don't know if they are planning the same thing with orange roughy.

Wonder if you could do the same with some of the rarer molluscs???

Bronwen